
In our country, most people marry because that is sometimes the only way of getting some good sex—good and assured sex. Otherwise, the fellow would either have to spend a lot of money or a lot of time, or both, and then still return empty-handed. Isn’t that so?
Now, if…


You must know what the place of security and money and sex is in your life. If you don’t know their right places, then for the purpose of sex you will give somebody a high position in your life, and then you will suffer. Persons are essentially harmless; harmful is

“And then as soon as we finished having sex, I noticed I just wanted nothing to do with her. And I noticed that in the morning, I was lonely and a little aloof as well.”

“I have to eat to satisfy my body, so why can’t I use contraception and have sex with a woman and not procreate?”
This is such a bad analogy. They say sex is like food, both are physical needs. No sir, please! Sex is not like food. No, no, no.…

Because this world knows no contentment, no God, so it tries to gain fulfilment through sex, and it asks you to be a factory of sexual performance. You can neither be that, nor do you need to be that. Do you think about your nose so much? This too is…

Why do you want commitment? Because not only do you want to have sex, you want an uninterrupted and guaranteed supply of sex; that is what you call as commitment.
“Not only should you be with me for one night; assure me that I will find you on the bed…

Sex is nothing but a killer of your precious time. You think it is a means of pleasure; it is rather a killer of your precious time.
If you could honestly calculate how much of your life has gone towards sex and sex-related activities, you would be horrified; you would…

In your mind, you have a throne; in your mind, you have a hierarchy, and that hierarchy should be right and clear. As a young person, if sex comes to occupy a very high position in your mental hierarchy, then you will have problems. That does not mean that you…

One may say, “I keep feeling lonely, let me get married”; or one may say, “Let me change cities and move to another place where my community or my friends live”; or one may just say, “Let me switch on the television or visit the shopping mall.” One behaves as…

Who are the ones who always keep salivating? The singles. But meet someone who is in a relationship—he won’t want to look at girls, or boys for that matter. He would say, “One is more than enough. Can’t handle one! Who wants two, three, or six?”
Once you come close…

The fellow who watches child porn, is he really very different from a rapist? He is probably a bit cleverer but not really different. He adopts a relatively safer route. He says “I will please myself by watching the heinous act on the screen. I will be careful not to…

For an animal, sex is just sex—a physical thing. It is not a route to something else. Man is the only one who does not know how much sex he wants. For an animal, sex is the thing and the end of the thing. For man, sex is not merely…

The truth is exposing itself in every single sexual encounter of yours, and yet we close our eyes to it. In fact, if you really look into it, repeated sexual activity is probably needed because you know that you didn’t get much from it the last time. That tells so…

Often in the past, and even today, sex has been used to humiliate the other. When an army would win over a country, then to stamp its authority, the soldiers would go and rape the women in the newly won territory. It was to show to them that “Now we…

“You give me pleasure, I give you pleasure. And to ensure an uninterrupted and secured supply of physical pleasure, you remain physically committed to me, and I remain physically committed to you. What do I want from you? Pleasure, physical pleasure. And we are committed to each other. What does…

Every animal in the universe has only its designated period of mating; some mate in the winter, some mate in the summer, some mate only in the rainy season. Dogs mate only in their designated months. Man is the only creature that fucks the entire year-round. That is the quality…

Sex is beautiful only if you can see the divine in the other. Sex is beautiful only if the body is not just body but a temple, a temple at the center of which God himself sits.
Don’t try to have sex with someone you cannot see as a god…

Man is the only animal that is always sexually active. Why? Because man is the only animal who is always ambitious. Because you are constantly a seeker, because you are constantly feeling that hollow, because you are constantly feeling inferior, so you are always seeking something from the world. Always.…

A lot of corporate networking is nothing but gossiping. In fact, people feel comfortable with each other only when they can share trivia with each other, which is nothing but gossiping.
You say, “Now I am intimate with that person.” How? Why? “Because, you see, now I can engage in…

Man is the only animal that is always sexually active. Why? Because man is the only animal who is always ambitious. Because you are constantly a seeker, because you are constantly feeling that hollow, because you are constantly feeling inferior, so you are always seeking something from the world. Always.…

Have you ever seen somebody come up and say, “You know what, my hormones get activated on looking at you”? The fellow does not say that because he does not realize that. Instead he says, “Darling, I have fallen for you. It’s love!”
Have you ever seen anybody falling in…

You are lonely, so you go and tie a knot with someone who is as lonely as you are. Then there are mutual expectations, which obviously cannot be fulfilled because neither of you are capable of fulfilling them.
In a series of failed expectations, in a series of failed relationships,…

Questioner: In our times, the matter of sexual orientation has been subject to a lot of debate and controversies. Recently, I saw a YouTube video in which the host is asking children in the age group of fifteen to seventeen years about their sexuality, and they are saying that they…

Questioner (Q): My question is about relationships. As a boy I might get attracted towards a girl, but eventually that girl may become a close friend of mine. How can I know whether the feeling I have for the other is true love or just physical desire, like infatuation?
Acharya…

Question: Sir, we are sitting in a lawn and we are surrounded by rabbits all around. Man has made attempts throughout history to transcend its animal nature, and one of the things has been, trying to be stable in its sexual relationships. Such a thing is not found in animals.…

Question: Acharya Ji, do you sex as obstacle or a useful tool in Liberation?
Acharya Prashant Ji: Sex is for the body, sex is not for you. Sex is neither helpful towards Liberation, not is it a distraction.
There is a fire burning on the kitchen of the neighbour, there

Questioner: Why are females silent players in sex in this society? Why do they spend their life as deaf, blind and dumb in matters of sex? Why does the society make them like this?
Acharya Prashant: What is the society? The society is what you and I are. If you…

Question: Acharya Ji, you have said in a previous session while discussing the attraction towards sex, that one does not need to get entangled even to overcome or suppress. One rather needs to leave sex behind. One should seek that for which one is really eager. All the energy should…

Acharya Prashant: The fundamental energy of sex is man himself, mind himself. There is the source, the core, then there is the ‘I’ tendency and then there are the various forms that the ‘I’ tendency takes. Whatever be the form that the ‘I’ tendency takes, the form is utilized for…

Question: “Acharya Ji, my whole life, I treated sex as fun due to my early age experience. I would treat it as fun-just to relax my body. But now, at my mature age, I feel that it’s a responsibility to have a son or a daughter for humanity, to strengthen…

“When there are so many things calling, demanding your attention, you give complete attention to the thought of sex. What happens, why are your minds so occupied with it? Because that is the way of ultimate escape, is it not? It is a way of complete self- forgetfulness. For the…

Acharya Prashant: The next question says, “Sex is a problem, no doubt. When we think that it’s a physical, biological demand, then it’s lust. But is it not necessary to expand the world? Is it not a natural gift to the human species to expand?”
You are saying that sex…

Questioner: Is engaging sexually with the man or woman somehow different than engaging with porn or can both these engagements be of the same quality of pure lust?
Acharya Prashant: In an absolute sense, it doesn’t matter what makes you excited. It could be the body of a woman, physically…

AP: How can one be aware of ones’ hidden motives in seemingly chance meetings with persons of the opposite sex?
Meetings, events are by chance. But the motive is not by chance. The events are sporadic, episodic! But the motive is a continuity, a permanent presence. It is like a…

Questioner: We treat sex as fun, as food, and nothing more than that. Is that why sex converts into lust?
Acharya Prashant: No, wrong. We do not treat sex just as fun and as food. Your longing for sex is far more intense, far more aggressive, far more meaningful, rather…

Acharya Prashant: First question reads, “What are your views on sex, love and meditation?”
What exactly do you want to know? I have no views really on any of these. Neither of them is something to be thought about.
L: What is the role of meditation in realization?

Listener 1: Some things that I still like, for example I like sex or good food, some other things; could that be blocking me from realization? Or it’s not that?
AP: See how simply you can accept that you like food or sex. How simply you can accept that. It’s…





Acharya Prashant says:\n“If you wouldn’t call this foeticide, then what would you call it? When an unborn child is killed in the womb, you consider it wrong—you call it a sin, a crime. But what do you call the way we are killing ourselves from within? Not allowing the self to manifest is suicide.”\n


Sunday Guardian ColumnSunday Guardian ColumnSunday Guardian ColumnSunday Guardian ColumnSunday Guardian Column

Jesus stands for the Truth and Truth is omnipresent.
He is present here, and right now, in the hearts of those who love him.
Jesus is not a mere mortal. Jesus is the source of light; the root of all flowers and beauty. In one form, he disappears. In another,…

Love would have helped you fly. And now you have captivated love within four walls. As wise men and women, if you are married, wonderful. As wise men and women, if you are not married, wonderful. The point is not really marriage. The point is wisdom. https://dev-main8.vedant.life/en/articles/marriage-and-love-1_0ff5cad

Questioner: A lot of students that I talk to — it’s the fear of the society, it’s the fear of the unknown, it’s fear of the expectations that they are carrying, that pushes them to become an engineer and then they figure out that probably this is not something that they wanted to be. And that is the reality of a lot of individuals and not just engineers. Probably, here is something that is stopping me from taking a plunge of starting something of myself, right? Fear is something that is stopping somebody who is in a relationship for ten years to take that step to get married. Where does this fear come from? Acharya Prashant: Lack of love, which comes from lack of self-knowledge. You see, when I tie my sense of existence, my very identity, to something that is unreliable, I will have to be afraid. It’s like putting my heart on this table. Now, how can I live in security? The heart is out there on the table, anybody can take it away, anything can happen to it. Or the heart might grow legs and walk away on its own. My very existence has been subjected to something that is not in my control. Something that is definitely going to deceive me at some point, that is fear. My sense of self-worth comes from my monies, my bank account, I will be afraid. That bank account can be closed anytime, anything can happen. My sense of self-worth comes from my physical appearance. I very well know, time will take it away, I will be afraid. Right? Who am I? I am the one who is praised or worshipped by the society. Oh! I will be so afraid, so afraid! You talked of people working for their images, they would be living a cursed life. Because, their heart is out there in the hands of strangers. Their entire identity is tied to their image and the image is in the eyes of other people. So, the image can be distorted or can disappear any moment. Just imagine, how afraid they would be all the time. That’s with the ego. Because, the ego, as I said, is a fundamental sense of incompleteness. Therefore, to complete itself, it just associates itself to anything possible. And the things that you are associating yourself with, they are not reliable. They belong to the world and the world can take them away. They belong to time. They came with time and with time all those things will disappear. And you have tied your identity to those things. Now how can you rest in peace? That’s fear. If you do not have self-knowledge, you will always be afraid. My identity is linked to my husband’s identity. Now the husband has two legs. And the husband has a brain, a mind of his own. If your identity comes from your husband’s name, as happens in India at least, you would always be afraid as a wife. The husband can change his mind any day. You would always be, you know, having one eye on his secretary, and the other eye in his email and mobile phone. What’s he getting into? Who’s texting him? Why is he on the phone so late in the night? Because you are afraid if husband goes away, what happens to you? Your very existence depends on the husband. That’s fear. When you operate from the ego centre and make something very, very important for yourself and that something belongs to the world, it can go away anytime, and you are afraid. And in that fear, there can never be love, never be love. If you are afraid of losing something, you will be very violent towards it. Nobody lets his money go and have a walk down the road. What do you do? You lock up your money. That’s violence. When something starts becoming very meaningful to you, you lock it up. You don’t want it to have freedom. And that’s violence. So, love and fear just cannot go together. If you are dependent on something or somebody, you will be afraid. And that dependence cannot be called love. And that is a confusion, we often get into it. Just because you depend on somebody and somebody depends on you, you start feeling as if it is love, it is not. Questioner: Just like the way political parties think that people love them but it actually is fear. Acharya Prashant: Exactly! Love is a rare quality and rarer in politics. Questioner: So, if I am interested in a particular profession, do I not pursue it wholeheartedly? Do I pursue it wholeheartedly knowing very well that the results can either be zero or one? Acharya Prashant: One has to go into the very nature of interest. Aren’t we interested in cricket? Aren’t we interested in seeing songs in movies? Practically, everybody in India is interested in cricket, nobody in Brazil is. And nobody in India is interested in ice hockey. So, that’s how flimsy the whole thing about interest is. In India, if you don’t get a movie with songs, you say, “I am disinterested.” The movie would bomb. In Hollywood, if you have a movie with songs, that would raise eyebrows, what’s going on? Occasionally, you have an OD song but typically there is no song. So, that is the nature of interest. It is never something of the heart. Love and interest are not the same thing. Interest is something that is given to you by your body, by your environment, by random chance, your circumstances and all these. So that’s how your interests come to you. So, if you are interested in a vocation, first of all, you have to ask yourself, “Just two years back, I was interested in something else and two years before I was interested in that and when I was four years old, I was interested in becoming a fighter pilot. What happened to all those interests?” Today, I smile at those things and just shrug them off, “I don’t want to be a fighter pilot.” What you want to be today? Oh! I want to be an investment banker. What happened to the fighter pilot? You were so interested in that. And how do you know, tomorrow you will not be looking at this I-banker, just the way today you are looking at the fighter pilot. The self of a five-year old appears so naïve and immature when you are twenty-five. How do you know that at thirty-five, you will not look back at this twenty-five year old self and say, “What the hell! How was I taking this fellow so seriously?” So, interest is something that you must look at with healthy contempt. Interest, mind you, can even be induced in you. Interest can be aroused in you. That’s what the entire advertising industry is about. They can make you feel Interested in things that is intrinsically worthless to you. So, of what value is this thing called interest? But, then in today’s world, we place so much premium on this word 'interest.' Do what interests you, this, that. Whereas, it is wisdom to realize that interest is the last thing that you should ever go after. Then people come up and say, “No, should we do things that we are not interested in? No.

How do you, asks the chief of police, patrol a city, where the butcher shops are guarded by vultures, where bulls get pregnant, cows are barren,

किससे मिल रहे हो? किससे नहीं मिल रहे हो? कहाँ रोज़ पहुँच जाते हो? कहाँ से पैसे ला रहे हो? पहली बात – क्या ईमानदारी से काम रहे हो? दूसरी बात – जो कमा रहे हो, उसको खर्च कहाँ कर रहे हो? छः घण्टे से कोई खबरिया चैनल लगा कर…
Unless you have reached the heart, the sexual activity has gone waste. Sex that is just a few inches deep serves no purpose. Sex has to be infinitely deep. You have to touch not only the other’s body but really the heart. That is what you are looking for.
The kind of person you choose to have sexual union with is a reflection on…
AP: None…
Love is not a mental or physical need. Love is not for the faint-hearted. Love is not for those who fear the loss of relationships, reputation, possessions or life. Love is not for those who are afraid of family, society, or uncertainty. Love is not for those who seek sanction from tradition or culture.
skldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laks
skldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas…