





Sunday Guardian ColumnSunday Guardian ColumnSunday Guardian ColumnSunday Guardian ColumnSunday Guardian Column


What is the root cause of unhappiness? Why strength is necessary for liberation? Why ego can not reflect on itself?

The Truth cannot be objectified as a thing, place, person, or book. So, don't be too quick to accept your own assessments, judgments, likes, dislikes, and experiences. Whatever you're seeing is seen by "you" — the Ego — and you are no absolute. Everything must be available to enquiry, investigation, and questioning — and questioning cannot happen if you declare that you’ve already come to the Truth. Never believe that the journey has ended or that the ego itself is the Truth.

How did the Buddha look then? Who is the Buddha? Let’s try to understand with the story of Gautama Buddha, The ‘Shakya Muni Buddha’ as we call him. So, who was he? Let’s look at his central characteristics. One, someone who is well versed in the knowledge of his time. Buddha had deep scriptural knowledge. He was born in a Hindu Kshatriya family, he was a prince and ever since his childhood he was quite talented. So, one thing about him is that he was quite well-read. Second thing is, he was deeply interested in knowing the depths of life. He did not want to remain merely at the superficial levels, so he would observe a lot, he would think a lot. https://acharyaprashant.org/en/articles/todays-buddha-1_4d1b6bf

How do you, asks the chief of police, patrol a city, where the butcher shops are guarded by vultures, where bulls get pregnant, cows are barren,

Now, mind is movement, right? Why does the mind move at all? The mind wants to reach somewhere. Where does the mind want to reach? Is that place within the mind? The mind wants to reach somewhere. Every thought, every action, every motivation, every emotion rides on a desire, is

Such fantastic mastery is rarely seen elsewhere. Obviously, you get glimpses of it in many other places as well. I respect all of them; all of them are very, very dear to me; I worship them. But when it comes to Kabir Sahib, I said I am a fanboy. When…


It’s only words, and words are all I have To take your heart away. Talk in everlasting words And dedicate them all to me And I will give you all my life. I’m here if you should call to me.
~ Bulleh Shah

Questioner (Q): Being in the world around you and still how do you maintain equanimity of mind so that the world doesn’t bother you? You can still keep your equanimity while things are going around you.
Acharya Prashant (AP): You are travelling up a hilly road- a serpentine, treacherous road.…

Probing inside, I came Seeking the moon within me: Sifting the chaff from the grain. I went seeking The Like, Alike, Thou art Narayan. Thou art Narayan, then, Why this will-of-the-wisp?
~ Saint Lalleshwari
Question: Acharya Ji, Why do I have ego?

Tohi more lagan lagaye re fakirwa
Sovat hi main apne mandir meinShabd baan mari jagaye re fakirwa
Tohi more lagan lagaye re fakirwa

Oh Friend, I love you.Think this over, carefully.If you are in Love, then why are you asleep?If you have found him, give yourself to him, take him.Why do you lose track of him again and again?If you are about to fall, into heavy sleep anyway,…

Jo main piyake man nahin bhaayeTo kaa padosin kaie dulrayeKahaa chudaa paayal jhamkaaye kahaa bhaye bichuaa thankaayeKahaa kaajar sindoor kaie diyyaie solaah singaar kahaa bhaye kiyaieAnjan manjan karaie thagauree ka pachi maraie thagauree baureeJo patibrataa hai naree kaisehi raho so pihayee piyareeTan man jeevan…

Question: Acharya Ji, how is music related to Spirituality? What do Bhakti Saints sing of?
Acharya Prashant Ji: Sing with a Kabir, or sing Kabir with yourself. That’s the best thing.

Question: Why do people practice techniques like ‘Yoga’ and ‘Meditation’? Do you think they are necessary?
Acharya Prashant (AP): They have their own place. But one should be very clear about the place that they have.

Probing inside, I came
Seeking the moon within me:
Sifting the chaff from the grain.

Questioner:
Pranaam Acharya Ji,
I have lived life in images. In past I have kept myself away from experiences with the excuse of not being sufficiently prepared. I realize now that all this is a myth. How can I be prepared without practice?

Life is given. Nothing is earned. So, learn to serve others, not your own desire, greed, and ego. They steal your energies. Whereas devotion builds your strength and protects the intelligent flame that leads to the Truth within.
~ Saint Lalleshwari

पानी बीच बतासा संतों,
तन का यही तमासा है।।
क्या ले आया, क्या ले जाएगा,

Acharya Prashant: Lal Ded is the most remarkable name not only in Kashmir, not only in India. She defies being confined to a particular area, or time, or category. Physically, she was born in thirteenth century Kashmir. An ordinary girl, as ordinary as all of us are. Medieval India, she…

*“Hiding in this cage of visible matter*
is the invisible life bird.
Pay attention to her,

At the end of a crazy moon night
the love of God rose.
I said, “It’s me Lalla.”

DANCE NAKED

AP: Suffering is a fire that burns down a lot. It brings along a certain purification. One of the poets gave the example of a snowball. Snowball that is cleansing itself in its own blood; by melting down. When a snowball starts melting, it starts becoming cleaner. And the process…

THE GOLDEN RULE
“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.”“Enter by a narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it…

Questioner (Q): When you talk about fear in the process of letting go, in meditation, in awareness, or when you are watching, one has a heavy reaction from the mind like a big fight that starts, and then you’re so afraid of it that you just drop the inner part…

“You failed to know your Love in your youth Wake up and see your Love is gone.”
~ Saint Kabir
Acharya Prashant (AP): Youth refers to a time when you are physically neither dependent nor incapable. After a particular time, you become physically incapable. And what happens to the rest

Speaker: Every single line here makes use of characters, objects, metaphors, images, that is the only way language can proceed. That is the tool of language as well as the limitation of language. It will have to talk about something. Whenever you will use words, whenever you will use…

Questioner: I have a question about Kabir. As I know, he was also a kind of Sufi, not just Hindu or Muslim, he…
Speaker: See, the heart of Sufism and the heart of Vedanta, the heart of Hasidism, the heart of Christian mysticism, they are all one Heart…

They kept coming, they kept coming, now they’ve got to go.They’ve got to keep moving, day or night,and where they came from, there they’ve got to go.From nothing to nothing to nothing and why?
Lalleshwari

Impart not esoteric Truth to fools, Nor on molasses feed an ass. Do not sow seeds in sandy beds, Nor waste your oil on cakes of bran. -Lal Ded
Speaker: The question is, ‘Why is a compassionate saint speaking such words? They look more like coming from a result oriented…

‘In what direction am I going, how shall I find that road? I hope they will send me a map before it’s too late, or it is all over for me. My breath all gone to waste.’ ~ Lalleshwari
Questioner (Q): Lalla had surrendered all her life to That. Now…

Question: ‘What is bitter at first is sweet in the end, What is sweet at first is poison in the end. To everyone is given the choice. It all depends on the effort put in, and the unflagging determined will; for whoever strives must soon arrive at the city of…

Hari ke jan satigur, satpurkha binau karau gur paasi.
– Shri Guru Granth Sahib, 10
{O humble servant of the Lord, O true Guru, O true primal being, I offer my humble prayer to you, O Guru!}

*farida jaaganaa ee taan jaag, hoiaa ee parbhat*is jaagan noo pachhtaayengaa ghanaa savenga raat
This is the only time when awakening is possible. The dawn is right Now. Avail the great opportunity or remain a loser.
Farid says that you have anyway been sleeping since a really long time.…
Love is not a mental or physical need. Love is not for the faint-hearted. Love is not for those who fear the loss of relationships, reputation, possessions or life. Love is not for those who are afraid of family, society, or uncertainty. Love is not for those who seek sanction from tradition or culture.
skldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laks
skldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas…
Questioner (Q): I have a question related to work. You shared an inspiring story of Guru Kabir and his profession. I want to have the same level of inspiration and energy in my profession. Your teaching has helped me to understand a lot about my concept of work and getting…
Tohi more lagan lagaye re fakirwa
Ek vachan vachan nahi duja,bandhan mohe chhudaye re…
The best thing is to – sing.
But you know, we have become…
The like, Alike,
Thou art Narayan.
Thou art Narayan, then,
Why this will-o-wisp.
~ Saint Lalleshwari
Questioner (Q): Acharya Ji, why do I have ego?
Acharya Prashant (AP): Do not ask, “Why…
But I’m still afraid, afraid of losing,…
मूठी बाँधे आये जगत में,
हाथ पसारे जाता है।।
किसकी नारी, कौन पुरुष है,
कहाँ से लगता नाता है।।
बड़े निहाल, खबर ना तन की,
बिरही लहर बुझाता है।।
इक दिन…
~Saint Kabir
ACHARYA JI: The invisible is difficult to be attended to. How many of you have ever looked at the invisible? How many of you…
and the lake is crystal-clear.
~Lal Ded
Acharya Prashant: “At the end of a crazy moon night, the love of God rose.” There is nothing in…
But air: Sing, Lalla,
wearing the sky.
Look at this glowing day! What clothes
Could be so beautiful or
more sacred?
~Lal Ded
Acharya Prashant- what does it mean to dance with nothing on?
L1- No causes.
AP- What does it mean to…