
Fight for the right cause and let it consume you fully. That is the only way of living life. Fight for the right one and devote yourself totally to him. That is the only way of living and fighting. Give yourself up so totally that you cannot now be blamed…

We all need space. Man’s inner nature is freedom. When I say man, I mean both man and woman, mankind. Just as you need free mental space, you also need free physical space.
In fact, I find the idea of a shared bed quite vulgar. The double bed is an…

If your goals are small, they are no goals. You will be frustrated if you don’t achieve them, and you will be doubly frustrated if you achieve them. Having achieved them, you will find that the next goal is waiting for you, and that is deep frustration. You will feel…

Every young person who is about to choose a career, decide on work in life, must keep this in mind, my humble advice: See what is it that really, really troubles you, and then work should be the medicine for your trouble. That’s the way you must choose work.
Therefore,…

Success does not lie in doing any random thing. Do you know why you are doing a certain thing? Are you sure what is worthy enough to be done? That’s the moot question.
Choose the right option. Make the right decision. Fight the right battle. And now it doesn’t matter…

All the expanse of discipline is built upon the foundation of the goal. The goal comes first.
I might be a very violent man, and my goal is to blast a building off. To learn how to do it, I will have to live through stern discipline. I will have…

When thoughts of your personal success stop mattering to you, when you say, “There is something more important than my personal success,” then you have really succeeded.
It has to be so big that you forget about your failures, your happiness, your sadness.
Somebody comes and tells you, “But you

If we want to know whether we are successful or not, then we have to ask ourselves: Am I really getting better off compared to my previous stage, not compared to somebody else? Am I now better off compared to what I used to be? After all, my restlessness is…

Going from class six to class seven in three attempts, having been kicked out of four schools, you manage to find some kind of a fraudulent certificate from one of those shady institutions that say, “Even if you are class seven fail, we will still give you a high school…

Most of the times what people call as their responsibility is something that has been just taught to them. If you take them aside and ask them, “How do you know that you are responsible for such a thing?” they will have no answer.
“I must be successful; it is…

Success does not lie in doing any random thing. That’s the first, the most important, and probably the last thing. You must know who you are and what you really need.
Victory lies in choosing the right road to walk. If you fight the wrong battle, isn’t victory worse than…

Success and failure are two sides of the same coin. The one who does not believe in success can never fail. The one who does not believe in failure can never succeed. You first have to believe in the concept of ‘success’ and ‘failure’ in order to succeed or fail.…

That which we usually call as worldly success is nothing but the success of the world upon us. It is not worldly success; it is the world’s success in winning us, defeating us, trampling us. The world is all over us—and that we call as our worldly success!
So, what…

If no greatness were possible at all, then there was no justification in pointing fingers at littleness. But greatness is possible. Greatness is possible, and it is materially proven in the shape, form, and figure of the great man. If he could do it, why couldn’t you? He had all…

It is when you give without having much that you realize that you have much. You must give from empty pockets. It is only then that you realize your pockets are not empty.
You have to fight without strength. It is only then that you realize you are not without…

Pick the right battle, and then even defeat is victory. Whereas, if you have in the beginning picked the wrong battle, then how is defeat distinct from victory? Having picked the wrong battle, how does it matter whether you win or lose?
So, it is not about winning or losing;…

We just say, “I am successful” or “I am a failure”. The more important question is, what are you failing at? Equally, the more important question is what are you succeeding at? Or is it so that we didn’t bother to go deeply into that, and we just went by…

One is restless, one is restless, one is restless, and then one starts dedicating himself to something bigger, something larger. And the bigger cause consumes so much attention, time, energy, that one is left with no space to complain or wonder whether one is internally fulfilled.
You say, “Even if…

Choose the right thing to do, and in that lies success. In that lies immediate success. Immediate success implies that you have been successful right in the moment of the choice itself; you don’t have to wait for the outcome. In fact, if you have to wait for the outcome…

Be compassionate towards yourself, and have faith that freedom is possible and that life can be enjoyed really. Life need not be a melancholy song; it can be a symphony of ecstasy. That faith has to be there.
Do not surrender so easily to the forces of littleness. They will…

Questioner (Q): Recently you had a talk at IIT Delhi, and now you are here at IIM Ahmedabad, and both of these universities are your alma mater. Today, your batchmates would be at various corporate positions, but you have taken an unconventional path of becoming a spiritual teacher. So, how…

Questioner (Q): The theme of today’s interaction is inner growth. Usually when we talk of growth, we talk of external growth. For example, for an individual growth usually means job promotions, better income, or more comforts, etc. For a company, growth may mean growing in profits. For an institution, it…

Questioner: How to get success in whatever I do?
Acharya Prashant: Success does not lie in doing any random thing. That is the first, the most important, and probably the last thing. The game is not at all about picking up some arbitrary thing to do and then investing yourself…

Questioner (Q): Does self-improvement lead to worldly success?
Acharya Prashant (AP): The same self that you are seeking to improve, thereby admitting that it’s in need of improvement and is therefore currently flawed, is the one that determines your ideal of success. From where does your thought or ideal of…

Questioner: You advise us to have a purposeless, aimless life. But if we will not aim for anything, then how will I crack my exams? In your younger days, you too prepared for exams like MBA, IIT JEE, Civil services, etc. But now you say having aims is no good.…

Acharya Prashant: (Referring about the questioner) Studied The Fountainhead, and from there she has compared the qualities of the creator and the repeater- which she (the questioner) has called as the second-hander. And in a tabular form, she has presented a comparison of the qualities or attributes of these two…

Questioner: Recently, you had a talk at IIT-Delhi and now you are here (IIM- A), both of these universities are your Alma-mater. Your batch-mates today would be at multiple corporate senior positions and you are a spiritual leader. So, how do you look at them and whom would you see…

Questioner (Q): How to get success in whatever I do?
Acharya Prashant (AP): Success does not lie in doing any random thing. That’s the first, the most important, and probably the last thing. The game is not at all about picking up some arbitrary thing to do and then investing…

Acharya Prashant (AP): Rajiv, is asking about hard work and luck.
Hard luck, Rajiv, that none of that will suffice.
Luck indicates the randomness of life. Luck indicates that you have no control over where you are born, which country, which place, what type of economic background, which gender. All

Acharya Prashant (AP): Ashish wants to understand failure and success, and the relation between them. When do you call something a ‘success’? You call yourself to be successful when you have a goal, and you reach it. And the attainment of that goal, you name as ‘success’. Right?
Now, we…

Question: Acharya Ji, how to lead a quality life in this materialistic world? What should we do to attain higher things, or to be at a higher level?
Acharya Prashant Ji: You see, we have a concept of ‘success’, and there are certain things entailed in the concept – a…

Question: Is it necessary to be successful in order to lead a happy life?
Acharya Prashant: Let us, first of all, understand something. You are assuming that we all want happiness. That’s not a fact. You will feel little surprised, but I am insisting, we do not want happiness. All…

Acharya Prashant: What is meant by ‘Success of this moment’?
Rajat is asking, “What is meant by succeeding in this moment?” Why was the statement like “If you are not successful right now, then you are not successful at all.” Why was the statement like that made? What is meant…

Questioner (Q): Whenever I want to do something new, I am always afraid that I might fail. So, I keep a backup plan for myself, that in case I fail, I will do this another thing. And I don’t know if this is the right way of thinking or approaching…

Question: I want to do a few things, but I find myself enslaved in my habits and patterns, I fail again and again in doing what I want to do.
Acharya Prashant: So I say that I am failing again and again and hence I want success.

Questioner: Sir, I have heard someone say that real success lies in failure. What does this mean?
Acharya Prashant: What does the mind always want? Success or Failure?


Question: Sir, everyone says that hard work is the key to success. Is this true?
Speaker: Rohit is asking that is hard work the key to success. Rohit, you have picked two entities and asked whether they can be equated.

Speaker: Do you really want to understand what this whole business of ‘achievement’ is? If you really want to understand, only then we can go into it. If you are into it superficially, out of an obligation, then you will not understand anything. So do you really want to understand…

Speaker: Aman has asked, ‘What should I choose, a life of correctness or a life of exploration?’ First of all we have to understand that why this question is arising in his mind. What is correctness? ‘Correctness’ as the word, as the notion exists in our mind, is probably about…

Questioner (Q): (referring to a previous discussion) So, there is something untouched, his insight, that he is using to actually improve the whole system, the general business idea which all others are following. So, that is the reason I came to the point that it is a mix of both…

Speaker: The question is, ‘What is success?’ To how many of us this question is important?
(Many listeners raise their hands)
So the question is not only of Varun (one of the listeners) but belongs to many others as well. Let all of us listen to it very carefully.

Question: Sir, according to me, ‘success’ has no true definition, it varies from person to person. For a kid, riding a bicycle can be a form of success and for an adult getting a good job can denote success.
So, can we ever say that success has a concrete…

Question : What do you understand by ‘failure’ and ‘success’? What is the relation between them?
Speaker : When do you call something a ‘success’? You call yourself successful when you have a goal, and you reach it. It is this attainment of that goal that you name as ‘success’.…



समोऽहं सर्वभूतेषु न मे द्वेष्योऽस्ति न प्रिय:।
ये भजन्ति तु मां भक्त्या मयि ते तेषु चाप्यहम्।।29।।
samo ’haṁ sarva-bhūteṣhu na me dveṣhyo ’sti na priyaḥ

A guide to handling difficult periods, adapting to unexpected changes, learning from experiences, seeking support, and continuing forward with confidence and patience.


AP : Success! Right? What are we always running after?
Q : Success!
AP : Success! Right? Running after…
There…
The same am I to all beings: to Me, There is none hateful or dear. But…
skldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laks
skldjas claksn laksskldjas claksn laksskldjas…